cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Camera Connect keeps shutting down

dghewitt
Apprentice

For some time I successfully used Camera Connect to put GPS on photos in my SX70. It has suddenly stopped working. When I try to connect the phone via Blue tooth Camera Connect immediately shuts down (on my Morotrola G7). I tried with an older Motorola G3 - seems to connect properly but no GPS data is added to the photos. And the same with iPad.

Is it a fault in the camera?

6 REPLIES 6

Phototut
Apprentice

Same here just changed my phone from moto g6 to g8 power. app works great on my g6 but keeps crashing to phone desktop on the g8. Reinstalled rebooted etc no joy.

dghewitt
Apprentice
Glad to hear I'm not alone. Can now get it to work on G3 and iPad. No chance on G6 - presumably a problem with Bluetooth in Android 10.

Hi DGHewitt,

I have heard some connection changes were experienced after Android 10, but I don't think it was a universal bug. One of the things you can try is clearing the WiFi settings in the camera and reinstalling teh app on your phone before trying to establish a new Wifi connection since most often this kind of thing happens when the WiFi connection is not consistent with your current settings.

To reset the connection settings, you will want to use the instructions on page 180-182 of the user manual (linking below for your convenience) and instead of selecting [Register a device for connection] you will choose the second option, [Edit device information] and re-establish the connection parameters.

dghewitt
Apprentice
I am sure it is not a camera problem. I now find that if I turn off Bluetooth on my phone the app loads and will connect via Wifi. However it crashes as soon as I turn on Bluetooth.

If Bluetooth is on the Camera Connect crashes immediately on starting.

Same result on my moto g8 turn Bluetooth off and the app works fine . Switch Bluetooth back on and the canon connect app crashes to the "this app has stopped working send feedback "  box . I need my Bluetooth for other things so leaving it switched off is not an option.

dghewitt
Apprentice
I have just tried it at my son's about 10km from here. Looks as if it works! I am now wondering if there is some Bluetooth device in my house which is causing the problem??
National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements