cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CPU compatibility

PanoramicWest
Contributor

I believe the Beta was Intel based only, not usable on AMD machines.

If so, is the new release usable on both types of CPU's or only Intel again?

Hoping to just get a simple answer without You Know Who's snarky belitteling comments this time.

Thanks.

4 REPLIES 4

Waddizzle
Legend
Legend

@PanoramicWest wrote:

I believe the Beta was Intel based only, not usable on AMD machines.

If so, is the new release usable on both types of CPU's or only Intel again?

Hoping to just get a simple answer without You Know Who's snarky belitteling comments this time.

Thanks.

Most of the Canon apps that make use of the USB ports seem to have issues running on machines with AMD chipsets.  Canon apps also have problems running through USB hubs, too.  That could just be a curious coincidence. 

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

@Waddizzle wrote:

Most of the Canon apps that make use of the USB ports seem to have issues running on machines with AMD chipsets.  Canon apps also have problems running through USB hubs, too.  That could just be a curious coincidence. 

OK thanks for the info. I didnt see anything on the webpage saying yay or nay for AMD, so I was curious before I tried to get an AMD maching installed with it this coming weekend (remotely).  Didnt know Canon and AMD had such issues period. Another reason to stay with Intel.  🙂

@PanoramicWest wrote:

@Waddizzle wrote:

OK thanks for the info. I didnt see anything on the webpage saying yay or nay for AMD, so I was curious before I tried to get an AMD maching installed with it this coming weekend (remotely).  Didnt know Canon and AMD had such issues period. Another reason to stay with Intel.  🙂

Correct.  The software and hardware requirements make no mention of AMD.  That should tell you something. 

C8E8BDFD-0402-47A7-B881-C2F2688A88B2.jpeg

Under the tab that lists supported CPUs, all it says is Intel.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

Thanks I hadnt found that section or I would have decucted that as well.

I really hate how Canon makes their website navigate.

Announcements