cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Anyone have any issues with Canon Digital Professional ?

jiminee1
Apprentice

I downloaded the newest version of Canon Digital Proffesional released in October. After d/l and installed I cliked the shortcut....it opens. and you have to clik by the message that comes up... It took awhile to open the fotos and then it immediately closed all by itself.  I cant get it to stay open... Any solutions??   Using Windows 10 operating system

I am using Canon 60D 18-135mm lens. Shoot in raw most times

jim

4 REPLIES 4

Waddizzle
Legend
Legend

How old is your computer?  Is it a 32 or 64 bit machine?  Is your copy of Windows 10 a native install, or is it one of those upgrades from Windows 7/8?

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

The labtop runs windows 8 and the work computer runs the latest windows.

Computer is a Dell Inspiron 15 and 64 bit - 2yrs old. All drivershave been updated.Running windows10. It was original Windows 10 from Dell

DPP installed fine from the disc from Cannon but when updated it now fails.

I have downloaded and installed several times and have now given up.It appears my machine is unable to handle it. 

@jiminee1 wrote:

Computer is a Dell Inspiron 15 and 64 bit - 2yrs old. All drivershave been updated.Running windows10. It was original Windows 10 from Dell

DPP installed fine from the disc from Cannon but when updated it now fails.

I have downloaded and installed several times and have now given up.It appears my machine is unable to handle it. 

Sometimes the updates and upgrades assume that your computer is at a certain previous version.  I suggest starting over from scratch.  I would do a complete uninstall of DPP, or even all of the Canon software.  

Download a copy of the Digital Solutions Disc, which came with a brand new camera.  You may have to roll back the Operating System dropdown box to Windows 7, or maybe something older, until you see the option to download the Solutions disk.  After deleting all Canon software, reboot the PC.  Now, run the Solutions Disk installation and Setup.

Check to see if everything is running as it should.  If so, you should be able to go ahead an install the latest updates.  One thing, though.  Does your camera use DPP3 or DPP4?  EOS2 or EOS3?

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."
National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements