cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Anybody tried Canon Camera Connect on an Amazon HD tablet ?

mangurian
Rising Star

I would like to get the 10.1 Amazon, but I need to run Camera Connect.

Thanks

7 REPLIES 7

Waddizzle
Legend
Legend

@mangurian wrote:

I would like to get the 10.1 Amazon, but I need to run Camera Connect.

Thanks

I doubt it   Camera Connect is only available through the App Store and Google Play.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

I can certainly sideload it.  Amazon's tablets run their version of Android and many apps from Googles store do run.  It will come down to the wifi and Bluetooth details as to whether it can control the cameras - I think.

@mangurian wrote:

I can certainly sideload it.  Amazon's tablets run their version of Android and many apps from Googles store do run.  It will come down to the wifi and Bluetooth details as to whether it can control the cameras - I think.

Okay, but I still doubt it.  You are talking about an application that interacts with the device's I/O hardware.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

Tim
Authority

Hello mangurian, 

With regards to Camera Connect, there are specific compatible devices, which we will list below.  If your device does not appear in the listing, it is not supported.

iOS compatible devices:

Bluetooth®* 4.0 or later-equipped devices (above iPhone 4s, iPad 3rd, iPod touch 5th), smartphones and tablets compatible with iOS® 9.3/10.3/11.2**

Android compatible devices:

Bluetooth®* 4.0-equipped devices, smartphones and tablets compatible with Android™ 5.0/5.1/6.0/7.0/7.1/8.0/8.1**

Larn more about Camera Connect, here.  

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Too many different flavors of each Android version for such a blanket statement such as - works with Android 8. 
Canon should probably say: "Should work with...."

Google's Android because it is free is the most popular operating system, by far, for tablets and smartphones.  Unfortunately, each phone/tablet maker modifies Android to suit theit own purposes.  Only Google's own devices are pristine Android.

(That is why it takes so long to get your device update whenever Google issues a new version.)

mangurian
Rising Star

I have it on the fire 10 inch -it works great.

@mangurian wrote:

I have it on the fire 10 inch -it works great.

It indeed runs and does its job, and on the older Fire HDX 9" as well. My problem was finding a way to sidestep the Google Play Store (Amazon and Google don't mix), and I didn't want to install a 3rd party Google Play interface. I installed it as a curiosity and didn't much care for it mainly because I like to use USB with the EOS Utility or Helicon Remote, which responds quicker than CC does on my tablet. Just shooting still life would be OK, but when I do shoot remote, it's usually birds at the feeder just outside my window, so response has to be pretty fast.

FD

EOS R5, R6, R6II. RF 15-35 f/2.8L, 50mm f/1.2L, 85mm f/1.2L, 100mm f/2.8L Macro, 100-400mm, 100-500mm L, 1.4X.
Announcements