cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

All software not downloading on Mac (version 10.10.4) for Canon Rebel T5

brookeknutson
Apprentice

Hi Guys,

None of the canon software will work when I try downloading it or installing it from the CD provided with my new camera. The icon will pop up for a second and then will disapear.

I have turned off my firewall settings and also tried making a guest account and installing it on the guest account then deleting that account. Once that had happened the DPP is now working but the EOS utility will not work. 

I have called customer support for Canon and they have no idea what the issue could be. My macbook has never had any issues like this before. 

The download will work until it starts to open the icon then it will quickly disapear and say "Alert- Cannot be used with this version of the operating system"

Any help would be greatly appreciated! I really would like to start using my new camera and this has been very frusturating. 

Thanks in advance,

Brooke 

7 REPLIES 7

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend
Download Solution Disk image 29.1 from here.

http://www.usa.canon.com/cusa/consumer/products/cameras/slr_cameras/eos_rebel_t5_18_55_is_ii_kit#Dri...
John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

Hi John,

I just did this and it still didnt work. Should I try deleting the DPP and the other canon utilities or would that affect it? Is there anything else that I can try? 

Thanks!

Brooke 

I can't help with your Mac problem. All the Canon software works fine for me. MacBook Air with Yosemite.

But, you don't need the Canon software to use your camera. Photos with handle Canon files - RAW and JPEG. if you insert your SD card directly or connect camera with cable Mac will open the files.
John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

Hi John,

Thanks for your advice. I will contact apple and see if they have any more information that they can give me. 

Brooke 

I've got 2 macs (an iMac and a MacBook Pro) both running 10.10.4 and the Canon software all installed and working.  

You can download the "solution disk" (which is everything that would have been on the CD included with the camera) or you can download each package individually.

The difference is that once upon a time, you HAD to install the base version of software from the physical CD because the downloads at the Canon website were only "updates" (they wouldn't apply unless a previous version of that software was already installed.)  When computer makers started not even include an optical drive anymore (I have to confess, I have computers in which the optical drive was either never used, or only used once) Canon realized they needed to provide downloadable copies of the base software (but they prompt you for your camera's serial number.)

I normally just download the updates as I need them because out of all the software included, I really only tend to use EOS Utility and Digital Photo Professional.  

Technically you do not actually need any of the software.  Many other programs can import the images from your camera.  I previously used Apple's Aperture, now I use Lightroom... both of which directly import my images without any need for extra software.

Tim Campbell
5D III, 5D IV, 60Da

Janekong
Enthusiast

Mine no longer works after I upgraded to 10.11 beta. Is there any fix for it?

@Janekong wrote:

Mine no longer works after I upgraded to 10.11 beta. Is there any fix for it?

I guess you've stumbled onto one of the fundamental rules of computing: Never use a beta version of an operating system for production work.

Bob
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania USA
Announcements