cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Adobe doubles price of Photography Plan

John_SD
Whiz

Several sites, including TheVerge, PetaPixel and others are reporting that Adobe is doubling the price of its basic Photography Plan, raising it from $9.99 per month to $19.99. This is the plan that includes Lightroom and Photoshop. But apparently it doesn't affect all users in all regions.I just went online and checked, and for me in San Diego it would stil be $9.99 as of today. The sites are aware of this, and as stated on TheVerge:  

"Some customers in certain regions are still able to access the old prices, but Adobe appears to be testing the new prices before rolling it out to all users.

"An Adobe spokesperson told The Verge, “From time to time, we run tests on Adobe.com which cover a range of items, including plan options that may or may not be presented to all visitors to Adobe.com. We are currently running a number of tests on Adobe.com."

I just have the plan to includes Lightroom, but I will not renew my subscription if the cost of that plan doubles as well.

3 REPLIES 3

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

They tested (guaged) subscriber response, and as quickly as the price got raised, it went back to $10 again.  But, I'm willing to bet $15 is next and this time it will stick.

Feel free to join me using PhotoLab Elite.  I still wish Canon would sell optics modules for DPP supporting 3rd party lenses.  For now, i get them free in DxO PL.  But I would pay for a (non subscription) Canon offering if it happened.      

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

@shadowsports wrote:

They tested (guaged) subscriber response, and as quickly as the price got raised, it went back to $10 again.  But, I'm willing to bet $15 is next and this time it will stick.

Feel free to join me using PhotoLab Elite.  I still wish Canon would sell optics modules for DPP supporting 3rd party lenses.  For now, i get them free in DxO PL.  But I would pay for a (non subscription) Canon offering if it happened.      

I looked at PL before PL 2 came out and thought it was a nice package. But their training videos were awful. Mainly they consisted of some guys with heavy French and German accents blathering on via a bad Skype connection. As bad as the videos were, it was surpassed in low quality by the echoy audio. Total garbage in those respects, though the product itself might be OK. Also, I'd want to be sure that the company itself has recovered, as it emerged from bankruptcy less than a year ago. 

Another thing that I find with many of these imaging companies is they are relatively new to the business and have a tendency to completely redesign their products from one major release to another. In between releases, they add and remove functions on a whim. I find it unsettling. That is one of the things I like about Lightroom. It is a mature product with a great help system and technical training available. I've personally made use of it and it makes the product much more understandable and manageable in comparison to the gibberish served up by people who are unable to communicate clearly. My opinion only. 

John_SD,

All good points.  I had many if the same sentiments. 

DxO's training has continued to improve.  They knew their videos were lacking, in both content and quality.  They also have a community supported by users and staff that works very well.  They aren't Canon or Adobe, but do have a surprisingly good product that keeps getting better. 

They real draw for me though are the lens modules for my Sigma lenses. I'd probably stick with DPP exclusively if all of my lenses were Canon. 

Their re-org is over and it appears they are back on track.  They ditched their DxO One camera and appear to be focusing on software now.  Could this change, sure, but doesn't seem to be the case.  

But having choices is good thing. 

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

Announcements