cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

80D, yet another Wifi issue -- might have been broked by win 10 update...

emccarron
Apprentice

Thought I had ironed the wrinkles out of my 80D wifi issues.  Had it working, used it a few times, set up for new shoot, and poof.  No more connection.

Dug in, turned firewall off (public and private), connected to camera Wifi from PC, links, can ping camera.

Wireshark shows port 53 not able to connect from camera to PC -- I'm assuming that is how they see each other.

Can't get EOSU launcher to even see the camera, let alone start EOSU.

I'm assuming something in the last Win 10 update or 2 broke this.

Any one else have new connection issues where it once worked or a few tips?

EDit:  Works fine connecting to Canon Connect on android phone -- so camera wifi isn't the issue.  Updated 80D FW to 1.0.3

Ed

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

FYI.  After finally digging into this, using Microsoft Sysinternals tool "TCPVIEW" I discovered that the EOS Utility and TightVNC viewer server were trying to use the same port.

Uninstalling TIghtVNC resolved the issue and I'm back in action.

Hopefully this helps someone else in the future -- make sure you don't have other software fighting with EOS Util for a port... 🙂

Ed

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Hi Ed,

I'm sorry you are having an issue.  "Assuming something in the last Win 10 update or 2 broke this", doesn't give us much to go on. 

So, I would suggest using:

System Restore

Or

Advanced Troubleshooting Options:

Quality Updates Uninstall

Or

Feature Update Uninstall 

to rollback to a point in time when wireless connectivity worked for you. 

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

Well, it works with a USB tether - if I start the utility manually.  That's something.  Seems like the launcher is the issue.

Why would I roll back a otherwise working system when this utility seems to be the only one that stopped working?

Still digging into it.  I'll try an older system next.  Like I said, Wireshark shows a port being blocked even though all the firewalls are turned off.  I'll ping on M$ technet and see if anyone has a similar problem.

(IT is my day job, photography is just a hobby.) 🙂

Thanks!

FYI.  After finally digging into this, using Microsoft Sysinternals tool "TCPVIEW" I discovered that the EOS Utility and TightVNC viewer server were trying to use the same port.

Uninstalling TIghtVNC resolved the issue and I'm back in action.

Hopefully this helps someone else in the future -- make sure you don't have other software fighting with EOS Util for a port... 🙂

Ed

Announcements