cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

60D CR2 files and Photoshop Elements

jimr2446
Apprentice

Upgraded from 20D to 60D. My Photoshop Elements v. 8 will not open  the CR2 files. Elements says it doesn't recognize format. Do I need a newer version?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Thanks. I will check with Adobe. Of course, as soon as I register version 11, Adobe will release #12! They wait for me, I think. 🙂

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

cicopo
Elite

More than likely you do. You can check the Adobe site for the necessary update to Camera RAW but in general Adobe only lets you update the last one or 2 versions of Elements or even the full Photoshop package.

"A skill is developed through constant practice with a passion to improve, not bought."

Thanks. I will check with Adobe. Of course, as soon as I register version 11, Adobe will release #12! They wait for me, I think. 🙂

Nothing new there. I bought 10 only to then be notified 11 was now available. 

"A skill is developed through constant practice with a passion to improve, not bought."

An update on my issue with CR2 files from my 60D not opening on PS Elements 8. If you log on to Canon's web site you can find plug-ins to update Elements for most older versions. The down load and activation instructions are a bit confusing but it will work. Hope this helps anybody with this issue.

Meant to say Adobe's web site, not Canon! Had a brain cramp. Sorry.

Have you considered moving up to Lightroom? 

You can download a free trial here for LR4.

Announcements