cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

5D mark ii not recognized, Eos Utility 3

paull
Apprentice

HI

After updating to Catalina , Eos 2 no longer permitted remote shooting but continued to allow file transfer. After updating the EOS utility to version 3 the camera is not recognizable.  Does anyone know if this is a generalized problem or specific to the 5D mark ii.

thanks

Paul L

8 REPLIES 8

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings Paul,

I have noticed an increased number of posts from users reporting camera connectivity issues after upgrading to MAC OS Catalina (EOS Utility) 

Have also seen an increased number of reports regarding Scanning related problems from users who have recently upgraded to 10.15.  Many can print, but cannot scan reliably.

Some of these issues are attributed to drivers.  The update was performed, but the driver they had installed was not compatible and many just "expected" it to work anyway.

What EOS Utility version did you install or update to?

If you visit the 5D2 support page, there are no EOS Utility downloads for Catalina (10.15) (as of today 1/5/2020)

version 14.31.12c is only compatible with Mojave 10.14

1. Supported OSes
macOS 10.14, macOS 10.13, macOS 10.12, OS X 10.11

For clairification, please tell us what version you installed and where you got it.

v3.11.1 (for the 5D4) does not support the MKII according to the release notes.

EOS 5DS, EOS 5D Mark IV, EOS 5D Mark III, >>?<< EOS 80D, EOS 9000D

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

Hello Rick ,

thanks for your reply.

The camera is a 5D mark ii, remote shooting is still functioning perfectly on  my PC using EOS Utility version 2.14.2 . The Eos utility migrated  seamlessly through windows XP to windows 10. So this is not a camera issue.

Mac book pro running Catalina does not recognize the camera using EOS Utiltiy  version 2.14.2 , ( only the "Monitor Folder" function is active).  As I mentioned previously I tried updating the EOS Utility to version 3 but it doesnt seem to be compatible with this model , I am getting the "camera not recognized" message.

I am glad I dont fully depend on this Mac Book Pro , my sympathy to those photographers who do.

Paul

I am one of those, have a 5D Mark II and using
Catalina Version: 10.15.4

Have we been abandoned or is there a workaround?

@igorjeri wrote:
I am one of those, have a 5D Mark II and using
Catalina Version: 10.15.4

Have we been abandoned or is there a workaround?

Buy a card reader for now.  It seems like Apple keeps changing their latest OS every other week.  I know that Canon has "fixed" the EOS Utility 3 at least twice, only to see it broken again following the latest update from Apple.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

Doesn't seem to be just Mac. Just built a new computer, installed windows 10 and installed the latest Canon Utility, and it wont recognize my Canon 5D MK IV.

Hi I've found an app that recognizes the canon EOS 5D mark II !

Unfortunatly for PC users it s an apple app.

But still it works with catalina ! 

It's named : Image Capture.app

wiki 

download link 

@pluxite wrote:

Hi I've found an app that recognizes the canon EOS 5D mark II !

Unfortunatly for PC users it s an apple app.

But still it works with catalina ! 

It's named : Image Capture.app

wiki 

download link 

You need EOSU 2 for the 5D Mark II.

Download EOSU 3 from the 5D Mark IV support site. It will also install EOSU 2 which will support the Mark II.

Screenshot 2021-09-30 084917.jpg

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

This is not true.

Downloading EOS Utility 3 from the MkIV support site (EU-Installset-M3.16.11.1.dmg), does not install EOSU2.

5DII still have no EOS U that works on Catalina. The supplied EOSU2 on the 5DII support site does nothing when the camera is connected and EOSU3 tells us to install EOSU2

Announcements