cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

1Dx, WFT-E6 and Macbook Pro running 10.8

rl_wood
Apprentice

I can't find anything "easy"... actually I can't even find anything difficult to get this combo to play well together. Apparently the Canon Utility doesn't work for streaming on a Mac. The WFT is a bad option for me since I need them streamed into a folder on my computer for auto import into Lightroom and of course Media Server isn't useful for this.

I'm getting really mad at myself for spending all this money on this thing and then not being able to use it for what it was intended.

3 REPLIES 3

Tim
Authority

Hello rl_wood,

Sorry to hear that you had some trouble connecting the WFT-E6 and EOS-1D X to play with your Mac running OS 10.8.  Ensure that the WFT Pairing Software is installed on your computer, this is installed with the Utility Software.  This and EOS Utility will be able to connect to and control the camera as well as download images. 

The connection wizard inside the WFT Menu walks you through a basic connection to a computer.  The setup between these devices will vary depending on if you attempt to use AdHoc or Infrastructure mode.  Going to a computer through EOS Utility and the Pairing Software, you would want to use Infrastructure mode and PTP. 

We realize that the wireless setup of this device can be trying, especially if you are unfamiliar with using WFT's on a daily basis.  This is why, at this point, we would recommend contacting our technical support team by email or phone for further assistance. They are able to explore all aspects of this a little deeper.  For WFT setup, we recommend calling the support center as they can walk you through step by step to get this resolved. 

They'll be happy to help!

http://bitly.com/ContactCanon

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

is there the same online and phone assitance in australia?

i am running a mac book pro on 10.8

thanx

Hello kev857!  We would suggest contacting the Canon division it was purchased for further assistance.  Just visit our homepage at http://www.canon.com and then select the region your unit was purchased to locate their contact information.  They may be be able to point you in the right direction!

Announcements