cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

There are images anywhere if we try - what are yours?

Tronhard
Elite
Elite

I had been listening to someone in my local camera group say that they could not take a photo unless they were truly inspired by what was in front of them and that it was of real artistic value. I contrasted that with my own experience working in the business when you could not afford that luxury. With that thought in mind I was immured in my car with the rain teeming down as I waited for my other half to finish an appointment, so I decided that without leaving the car (staying dry seemed like a good idea), I would find SOME kind of photo that I could take.

The result is here, taken with what I had to hand, a venerable Canon EOS 60D. using a Canon EF-S 15-85mm, settings 85mm, f-5.6, 1/10 sec, ISO 200, hand held So here it is... the rain on the window of the car with a hedge behind.  It may not be inspiring but it made me happy.

Rainy Day.jpg

Have you ever had to dig deep for an image, if so please share it and how it happened.

cheers, TREVOR

"All the variety, all the charm, all the beauty of life is made up of light and shadow", Leo Tolstoy;
"Skill in photography is acquired by practice and not by purchase" Percy W. Harris
1 REPLY 1

Tintype_18
Authority
Authority

I'm new at photography and find that the spur-of-the-moment shots are the best. In addition to my Canon SX530 HD, I have an ancient Nikon Coolpix L19  and an Android cellphone. My Canon and phone get a workout! You never know what will pop up. Good photo of the rain drops. Will try to find one for the forum. Taken with my cell phone one morning on a fishing trip.IMG_4508.JPG

John
Canon EOS T7; EF-S 18-55mm IS; EF 28-135mm IS; EF 75-300mm; Sigma 150-600mm DG
Announcements