cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Share your wildlife photography!

lindam
Administrator
Administrator

Have you snapped an incredible photo of wildlife? Post a favorite photo you've taken and share the story behind the image. Be sure to include the Canon gear you used!

About this photo: 

Camera: Canon PowerShot G3 X

Exposure Time: 1/125

ISO: 400

F-stop: 6.3                          

IMG_0154.JPG

330 REPLIES 330

kvbarkley
VIP
VIP

PowerShot only?

Hi, kvbarkley!

While we really want to hear from the PowerShot players on #TeamCanon, photos from all Canon cameras are welcome.  Show us what you've got!

I use a G9 as my underwater camera & have for years. It's in the Canon housing firing a pair of old Sea & Sea strobes which are triggered by fiber optic cables seeing the built in flash, and requires shooting in manual. This is from this years trip to Cozumel, shot in RAW & processed in Photoshop. G9, ISO 80, f2.8 and at 7.4 mm

IMG_2447v2.jpg

"A skill is developed through constant practice with a passion to improve, not bought."

Camera: Canon PowerShot SX150 IS, Av: f/5.6, Tv: 1/320, ISO: 80

Injured Turtle_2542.jpg

This turtle was rescued by animal control just after I got this shot. Someone else spotted it before me and was able to get help for this turtle. Luckily I was able to keep a loose dog away from it long enough for the rescue.

Père David's Deer at the Wilds southeastern Ohio.

A00A5858.jpg

Canon 7D Mk II with Canon EF 100-400 L IS II

M mode with Auto ISO

312mm 1/1600, f/5.6, ISO 640 

Hi, TT Martin.  Nice shot.  I have been considering purchasing the EF 100-400mm f/4.5-5.6L IS II USM Lens.  Do you like the lens.  Was it worth the purchase?  Thanks!

TBB
Contributor

Gray Fox and pups.  Taken with 60D and 70-300 1:4-5.6 IS USM Zoom. 

_MG_8662.JPG

@TBB wrote:

Hi, TT Martin.  Nice shot.  I have been considering purchasing the EF 100-400mm f/4.5-5.6L IS II USM Lens.  Do you like the lens.  Was it worth the purchase?  Thanks!

Thank you for the compliment. I do like the lens. I was using a much heavier Sigma lens before, so the weight change alone is wonderful. I think the image quality is outstanding even when using it with a 1.4X TC III But, using a 1.4XTC with it needs a camera that will focus at f/8. I do think it was worth it. I got a good deal using the Canon price watch website. It has made my photography more enjoyable both while out shooting and with the results.

A00A5105.jpg

Canon 7D Mk II, EF 100-400 L IS II, 1.4X EF Extender III

M mode with Auto ISO

476mm 1/1600, f/8, ISO 500

Great Shot.

pris796

Announcements