cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Portrait of Privilege

Tronhard
VIP
VIP

Baboons are complex creatures with intricate social structures, but their social hierarchy can seem cruel at times.  There is a distinct pecking order that is rigidly enforced, almost like a cast system and those born in the lower orders are doomed to a life of oppression and bullying.

This is one of the lucky ones: she is related to the alpha female of the clan and, as such, has enjoyed a privileged position from birth.  She could command and dominate adults of a lower status and bully those contemporaries below her in the class order.

Canon EOS 5DsR, EF 70-300L@300mm, f/6.3, 1/250sec, ISO-1000Canon EOS 5DsR, EF 70-300L@300mm, f/6.3, 1/250sec, ISO-1000

cheers, TREVOR

The mark of good photographer is less what they hold in their hand, it's more what they hold in their head;
"All the variety, all the charm, all the beauty of life is made up of light and shadow", Leo Tolstoy;
"Skill in photography is acquired by practice and not by purchase" Percy W. Harris
3 REPLIES 3

Kellyrae
Enthusiast

A delicate portrait, Trevor. The subtle colors you captured in this creature's fur is amazing! 

Thanks Kelly.  Nothing exotic, I'm a very basic Photoshop user, so I deliver what I see.

cheers, TREVOR

The mark of good photographer is less what they hold in their hand, it's more what they hold in their head;
"All the variety, all the charm, all the beauty of life is made up of light and shadow", Leo Tolstoy;
"Skill in photography is acquired by practice and not by purchase" Percy W. Harris

Your philosophy regarding photoshop is my philosophy. I am not too big on altering my images. The best photos come from carefully taking the photo in camera. I think that is the old school thought and a good one to boot.

Announcements