cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Life in the Colony

Tronhard
Elite
Elite

I live close to arguably the most accessible gannet colony in the world.  Recently I went out with my trusty 7DII and the (relatively) new 70-300 MkII lens to see what I could get.  The images have been cropped to fit my screen (where appropriate) and reduced in size to 3MB.  They have been sharpened only to the extent required to overcome the AA filter.   This lens may not be an L unit, but it holds its own...

As you may see from some of the backgrounds, it was a rather windy day so I had more success as I shot the birds flying into the wind!  In the case of one shot the bird could hardly see where it was going for the lump of seaweed it was taking to its nest.

7D2_1882a-1.jpg

7D2_1895a-1.jpg

7D2_1909a-1.jpg

7D2_1919a-1.jpg

7D2_1926a-1.jpg

cheers, TREVOR

"The Amount of Misery expands to fill the space available"
"All the variety, all the charm, all the beauty of life is made up of light and shadow", Leo Tolstoy;
"Skill in photography is acquired by practice and not by purchase" Percy W. Harris
1 REPLY 1

Tronhard
Elite
Elite

Meanwhile not that far away...  It's not that easy being the odd one out unless you like to stand out from the crowd.

Standing out from the crowd.jpg

cheers, TREVOR

"The Amount of Misery expands to fill the space available"
"All the variety, all the charm, all the beauty of life is made up of light and shadow", Leo Tolstoy;
"Skill in photography is acquired by practice and not by purchase" Percy W. Harris
National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements