Grey Wolf walking towards me. Manitoba CA 11/9/23. Canon EF 800 F5.6

JOsborne
Contributor

862567D5-D25B-4D36-91AE-815F3CAEE744.jpeg

7 REPLIES 7

Tronhard
VIP
VIP

Very cool.  Was this wolf alone or part of a pack at the time?

cheers, TREVOR

The mark of good photographer is not what they hold in their hand, it's what they hold in their head;
"All the variety, all the charm, all the beauty of life is made up of light and shadow", Leo Tolstoy;
"Skill in photography is acquired by practice and not by purchase" Percy W. Harris

It was with his pack of 15! Unbelievable 😎 I have some more good ones I would love to share. 

Go for it!  I love shooting mammal predators, but being in NZ now, all we have is birds... {:-(

cheers, TREVOR

The mark of good photographer is not what they hold in their hand, it's what they hold in their head;
"All the variety, all the charm, all the beauty of life is made up of light and shadow", Leo Tolstoy;
"Skill in photography is acquired by practice and not by purchase" Percy W. Harris

Tintype_18
Authority
Authority

Very nice photo. They tried to re-introduce wolves into the Great Smoky Mountain National Park years ago. It was a total waste of money and effort. The holding pens are still there off the Lynn Camp Prong Trail, if I recall. They were killed by cars, etc. I was told the last one died from drinking antifreeze in a parking lot.

Edit: the single wolf is very distinct. What camera settings did you use? TIA.

John
Canon EOS T7; EF-S 18-55mm IS; EF 28-135mm IS; EF 75-300mm; Sigma 150-600mm DG

IMG_2361.jpeg

Tintype_18
Authority
Authority

Thanks for the setting info.

John
Canon EOS T7; EF-S 18-55mm IS; EF 28-135mm IS; EF 75-300mm; Sigma 150-600mm DG

JOsborne
Contributor

I love seeing the comments on this photo and about wolves in general. They are such a cool animal. Thanks for sharing with me. 

Announcements