EOS 100mm f/3.2 USM
Cokin Drop-in Filter Adapter
Experimental/Home Made 85mm x 100mm Polarization Filter
Vintage 70's Velbon Tripod

2 REPLIES 2

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend

What is an experimental polariztion filter compared to a regular circular polarization filter?

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

John,

The experimental polarization filter I'm using was not intended to be used a filter for a camera. I acquired the dark tinted resin/plastic from your company as they we're going to throw sheets of this material away. I say experimental because according to the shop, the filtration has been set to approx 35% much like that of a cars tinted window.

The filter does not rotate like that of a CPL and is mounted in to a Cokin lens mount or alternative lens mounts. I'm having to cut the material to width 85mm X 100mm, which I'm doing by hand at the moment. Within the next few weeks, I'll be sending several of these experimental filters to a small group of photographers who are willing to test our design and write a review there after. Once we're done testing, we may offer l these (home made) fixed 35% filters to the public.

The only regret about using this filter is that I had two ready for testing and I only used one at the time the above image was taken. Now I'm wondering if I had add the second filter, would it have offered a 70% filtration effect. Several other picutres during our trip, shows a glassy appearance while takign pictures of lakes or ponds.

Announcements