cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Capturing the Elegance of the Long-tailed Tyrant

adamrainoff
Contributor

20230701-274861-2.jpg

The Long-tailed Tyrant (Colonia colonus) perched elegantly in this photograph is a striking example of nature's beauty. Taken in San Pablo de Borbur, Boyacá, Colombia, this image captures the bird in a moment of stillness, its long tail feathers trailing in contrast to the lush green backdrop. The soft, diffused light creates an almost ethereal quality around the bird, enhancing its slender form and striking plumage.

For this shot, I used my Canon R5 with an RF 800mm lens and a 1.4x extender, resulting in an effective focal length of 1120mm. Shooting at 1/180 second, f/16, and ISO 800 allowed me to capture every detail of the bird, even in the low-light conditions of the forest. The shallow depth of field isolates the subject beautifully, ensuring that the bird stands out against the soft, blurred background, while the high ISO preserves the intricate texture of the feathers without introducing noise.

This image reflects my passion for bird photography and conservation, focusing on rare and majestic species in the natural world. Every frame I capture is a reminder of how delicate these ecosystems are, encouraging awareness and respect for our planet’s biodiversity.

©2023 Adam Rainoff Photographer

1 REPLY 1

TomRamsey
Enthusiast

well done

Announcements