cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Captured an awesome travel pic lately?

lindam
Administrator
Administrator

Share your amazing travel photography! Let us know the Canon gear you used and the story behind the photo. 

This beautiful scene in Italy was captured with a Canon EOS 5D Mark III and a Canon EF 24-70mm f/2.8L USM lens at f/11, 1/5 sec, ISO 100.

Travel_Italy.jpg

177 REPLIES 177

PhotosByNeva
Enthusiast
Sorry using voice to text I crop them or saturate them if they're a little too washed out.

PhotosByNeva
Enthusiast
I will be happy to but once I park for the night I have a final to take in my college math class. Tomorrow if I have the time, I will be glad to show you one I took with my 6D and it won't be photoshopped.

bhaveshbhagat4
Apprentice

Puerto Rico

What a place to be, bhaveshbhagat4! Do you mind sharing the equipment and settings used?

@Jason wrote:

What a place to be, bhaveshbhagat4! Do you mind sharing the equipment and settings used?

Thank you Jason!

Here is the details about equipment and settings used:
Camera: Canon EOS REBEL T2i

Lens: 18mm-55mm

F-stop: f/11
ISO: 100

Shutter Speed: 1/200

fatcat
Rising Star

I think this is beautiful!  Photoshop or not.  I want mine to look like that.  What did you do?  I don't undertand all the abrev. that some ppl use.  I got the lens, fstop iso, but how did you get it to look like that!  Stunning!  What DID you do in photoshop (or whatever program you use)?  Nice work!

@fatcat wrote:

I think this is beautiful!  Photoshop or not.  I want mine to look like that.  What did you do?  I don't undertand all the abrev. that some ppl use.  I got the lens, fstop iso, but how did you get it to look like that!  Stunning!  What DID you do in photoshop (or whatever program you use)?  Nice work!

Who are you asking?  Me?  Do you mean how did I remove the person from the photo?   Name the abbreviations you don't know.

Uh, it's easier to show you than it is to describe.  Have you ever watched a "Star Wars" documentary on how they do the special effects?  I mean the old fashioned way, with film.  They build up a scene by layering one negative on top of another, and another and another, until a single, complete frame of the film was completed. 

You can do something similar in a computer with a digital image, by using Photoshop, or one of many other image processing software packages.  What I did to that photo can be done with a freeware package called Paint Dot Net.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

IMG_7151.jpg

Hillsdale Lake just before dark.  EOS 5D Mk II with ef 70-200mm f2.L II IS set to 70mm. 

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!

_D3X6194-Edit.jpg

The Big Dipper at Hillsdale Lake. EOS 5D Mk II with ef 70-200mm f2.8L II IS @ 150mm.

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!

hi biggs,

I see now I am going to have to get very busy and start  snaping and sending in some pics.  This is absolutely stunning, and I have to know what you did for this picture, it's fabulous.  Are you using an nd filter and a longer exp?  I think from your abrev, that you shot at iso150 f2.8?  w/ 70-200 lens, IS that right?  I'm sure mine won't be as great as this, but I'm just learning.

Announcements