cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Captured an awesome travel pic lately?

lindam
Administrator
Administrator

Share your amazing travel photography! Let us know the Canon gear you used and the story behind the photo. 

This beautiful scene in Italy was captured with a Canon EOS 5D Mark III and a Canon EF 24-70mm f/2.8L USM lens at f/11, 1/5 sec, ISO 100.

Travel_Italy.jpg

177 REPLIES 177

TBB
Contributor

I saw some great shots earlier in this forum of the Tunnel View of Yosemite Valley.  Here is the shot I took in early September from this same vantage point.  Camera and lens same as above photo of El Capitan and, since my memory ain't what it used to was, I captioned the photo in PhotoShop Yosemite Valley, Tunnel View (captioned).jpgfor future reference. 🙂

sorry but that doesn't look anything at all like the same vantage point in those two photos as you claim.  They are good shots, but have to be taken from different vantage points. (been there I know better)

I'm not sure what point you're trying to make, but I was just there a month ago, and I'm sure you are wrong in every instance, Fatcat.  All three of the shots were taken from the north parking area at Tunnel View looking east into the valley - the only place from which one can take a photo that I know of unless you hike up to Iinspiration Point - and all three show essentially the same view.  I'm pretty sure that's why they call this, you know, "Tunnel View"..........

wow, I wasn't trying to be nasty like you are, but it looks like the one of the tunnel and the one above it are from completely different vantage points, if not, then you did something different w/ lens or moved to a different area (in that vantage point) because of the angles on el capitan are completely different in these 2 photos.   I really don't care that much so please don't respond,  But they look differnt, and if YOU can't admit that and want to get nasty about it, then perhaps you shouldn't post where ppl will critique your work.

I dont care if I am wrong I was posting an opinion.  Obviously you cannot take ANY criticizim, constructive or otherwise, so I suggest you post where ppl will just tetll you how wonderful you are.

JohnKentHill
Contributor

Took a little vacation to southwest U.S. this last August.  This is lower Antelope Canyon near Page, Arizona.  A fascinating destination.  Taken with a Canon EOS 6D  f/4  1/200  ISO-1600  24-70 @ 24mm

IMG_1289c.jpg

kjblack3126
Apprentice

Dawn in the British Virgin Islands September, 2016

Canon EOS 70D

Sunrise @Sea

Oh wow! So beautiful, kjblack3126. What an inspiring way to start the day!

frankenankle
Apprentice

IMG_3309 Sunrise At Little Rock Airport.JPG

PowerShot SD800 IS, f/5.8, 1/200sec, 17mm

Gregs
Contributor

Grand Teton Park in the fall is AMAZING!!!! Taken with a Canon 1d MK II with a 24-70 2.8 lens...._S8X0011.jpg

iam_drfong
Contributor

Cayucos, CA with my Canon 80D

Peer into the Pier

Announcements