cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Captured an awesome travel pic lately?

lindam
Administrator
Administrator

Share your amazing travel photography! Let us know the Canon gear you used and the story behind the photo. 

This beautiful scene in Italy was captured with a Canon EOS 5D Mark III and a Canon EF 24-70mm f/2.8L USM lens at f/11, 1/5 sec, ISO 100.

Travel_Italy.jpg

177 REPLIES 177

"that is beautiful."

Thank you very much. It has done well for me.

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!

@fatcat wrote:

that is beautiful.  What time of day did you take this?

That looks like the type of shot that begins with a long expousre photo of a night landscape on a clear night, and a full moon is at your back.  The moon can light up the landscape, almost as if it were the sun at high noon, while the sky can be captured with visible stars. 

Capturing what also appears to be a clear, high contrast shot of the Milky Way at the same time is remarkable.  You have to be in the right place, at the right time, with the right weather conditions.  Having a 10 year old grandson to show you how to do it helps, too.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

lol, yea someone to carry the gear helps too, plus expert advice never hurts.

I kinda thought it looked like a long exp. but had to ask, it's an absolutely stunning photo.

cactus with stars_web.jpg

Another star photo for your enjoyment.  I must confess a good friend took this one but I did help with setting up the final photo.

EB

well done! Beautiful....ok, tell us more ....please?

"...ok, tell us more..."

There was an example on page 7, I believe, that sorta gives away how this is done.  However, I am a little reluctant to tell all in a open forum.

EB

_52D3435.jpg_52D3418.jpg_52D3398_399_400HDR.jpg

Watkins Woolen Mill State Historic Site is operated by Missouri State Parks. The site provides important information about work and life in the 1800s, including farming, homesteading, business, craftsmanship, technology, wool yarn and cloth production. The woolen mill contains the finest collection of mid-19th century textile machinery in North America.

Canon 1D Mk IV with ef 16-35mm f2.8L.

EB

souravsen
Contributor

4J8A0276 20160603 YS Trip.JPG

@ Yellowstone National Park - driving through the beautiful Lamar Valley...

(Canon 5D Mark III / EF 16-35mm)

4J8A0200 20160603 YS Trip.JPG

Beartooth Highway -– a National Scenic Byways All-American Road.  This 68 mile byway winds its way through southwest Montana and northwest Wyoming and leads into Yellowstone National Park at its Northeast Entrance.

(Canon 5D Mark III / EF 16-35mm)

souravrsen, I love the mirror shot,  I hope you werent driving while you took that...lol  You don't want to see my summer shots....they may shock some ppl...(nothin r rated or worse, just not something that would be appreciated in this community.)  I don't think they're good enough.

" I don't think they're good enough."

A common thought but ya never know till you display them.  A photographer has to have thick skin!

BTW, the mirror shot is great!

EB
Announcements