cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

California Coast Images

kvbarkley
VIP
VIP

Here are some of the notable shots from my photo weekend. I was disappointed with the butterfly shots, but the others came out OK

IMG_7577.jpg

IMG_7652.jpg

IMG_7702.jpg

IMG_7718.jpg

IMG_7732.jpg

IMG_7764.jpg

IMG_7819.jpg

6 REPLIES 6

kvbarkley
VIP
VIP

And some waterfalls:

IMG_7727 (1).jpg

IMG_7749 (1).jpg

KV,

Some very nice images and thanks for sharing.  And I really like that image of the group of waterfalls coming together!

They are enjoyable to look at while I am stuck inside watching a mixture of freezing rain and sleet falling...

Rodger

EOS 1DX M3, 1DX M2, 1DX, 5DS R, M6 Mark II, 1D M2, EOS 650 (film), many lenses, XF400 video

Thanks for sharing.  They look great..  Butterflies and all of them.  The night shot is awesome!

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

Very nice shots, KV.  I apppreciate the fact that you did not use a very slow shutter on the waterfalls.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

I tried. My position on the slippery rocks was to precarious for the IS to handle. 8^) While you are there, you might as well take up all the permutaitons.

Thanks everyone.

I should point out that the butterfiles were at the Pismo Beach Monarch Butterfly grove

The night shot was at the Bruce Munro art installation in Paso Robles

The elephant seals are at the elephant seal rookery just north of San Simeon (Hearst Castle)

The two otter shot was just south of Garrapata State Park

The close up otter was just north of Moss Landing

The triangular rock was where the two otters were, in fact the two little black dots in the water are the otters. 8^)

The double waterfall was Salmon Creek Falls

The waterfall on the beach was at McWay Falls

All are P exposures except for the night shot which was set at -2 exposure compensation.

All where JPEGS.

I only did some "auto enhancement" in Photos - basically stretching the histogram out a bit, since it was compressed by haze. The two otters are a pretty tight crop, even my 600 mm did not get me very close.

Announcements