cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pixma MG3022 Scanner won't go past warming up

artwebb56
Apprentice

My MG3022 Scanner doesn't work. I keep getting 2 messages (1) "Scanner is warming up. Do not open the document cover". Then after quite a while the next message comes up (2) "The Scanner is not available while in use by another application or user" however I am the ONLY user of this computer and printer. The print functions work great.

I have tried power down and back up on both the printer and my computer. I'm running Windows 11, version 22H2

4 REPLIES 4

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings,

When you installed the printer, what steps did you perform?

Canon Support for PIXMA MG3022 | Canon U.S.A., Inc.

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

I don't recall, I installed it years ago and it has been working great until last week.

Thanks for the reply. 

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings,

Visit the link I provided above.  This is the support portal for your printer.  Download the windows 11 driver for your device.  

Now press the windows start menu button, type control panel.  When the control panel opens, navigate to device and printers.  Right click on your printer and select remove from the context menu.  If your device is connected by USB unplug the cable.  

Remaining in control panel. Open the programs and feature applet.  If there is a Canon driver installed for your printer, uninstall it.

Now restart your computer.  Run the setup for the driver that you downloaded previously.  If you're going to use a USB connection, do not connect the printer until you are prompted.  If you will use wireless, follow the steps in the setup utility.  Once complete test scanning /  printing again.

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

Rick

Thank you so much, I'm scanning again. This printer has worked great for me for years and I hated to get rid of it, plus I just bought new ink cartridges for it.

Thanks again.

Art 

Announcements