cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canoscan 400 LIDE not recognized on Win 11 laptop in latest Paint Shop Pro (2023) and other software

nottsuser
Apprentice

I've just replaced my Win 8.1 laptop with a new Win 11 (64-bit) one, which has necessitated replacing my otherwise fully-functioning Canoscan 200 LIDE scanner as there are no Win 10/11 drivers for it. I did my research (or thought I did) and bought the Canoscan 400 LIDE as there are recently-released Win 11-compatible drivers for it. Having downloaded and installed the available Win 11 drivers for the 400, I can only open the advanced scanning options via the standalone IJ Scan Utility > ScanGear. The scanner is *not* recognized via Import > TWAIN in the 2023 version of Paint Shop Pro, the latest available version of Photoshop Elements (both downloaded and installed as trials) or Photoshop CS4. Troubleshooting info on the Paint Shop Pro web site indicates that in order for import via TWAIN to work, Windows > twain_64 must be present, but the driver insists on installing a folder labelled twain_32. Renaming the folder to twain_64 does not solve the problem. (Note: it is possible to scan within these graphics programs using WIA, but the options and output are unacceptably limited for my needs.) I am able to scan documents from within Adobe Acrobat 9 (part of the Adobe CS4 suite). Is there a workaround to get this scanner recognized within graphics programs? Is Canon doing anything to address this problem? (I will most definitely not recommend Canon scanners in the future, after years of doing so.) Thank you.

2 REPLIES 2

nottsuser
Apprentice

As no one in the community has a response for this (or for another recent question posted regarding the Canoscan 400 LIDE), how about some input from a Canon employee?? 

Hi,

If this is a time sensitive matter or would like to speak with Canon support directly, you can call us at 1-800-OK-CANON (1-800-652-2666), Monday - Friday, 8:00 AM - 8:00 PM EST excluding holidays. You will need to register your Canon gear HERE to access additional support options.

We look forward to hearing from you. 

Announcements