cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CanoScan LiDE 400 driver not downloading on Surface Pro X

LodesM1
Apprentice

1) Canon app download from ij.startcom fails to download app.

2) USB cable not compatible with Surface Pro X USB port.

Need help obtaining correct USB cable for my computer

Need help with Canon App, driver down load.

Thanks,

3 REPLIES 3

Stephen

Hello!

So that the Community can help you better, we will need to know about any error messages you're seeing, and the Computer Operating System you're using (Windows Vista/7/8/10 or macOS 10.x), as well as the way you connect to your device (USB or WiFi).

Any other details you'd like to give will only help the Community better understand your issue!

If you're in the United States, and this is an urgent support need, please click HERE to visit your My Canon Account to discover your personalized support options. 

If you're outside of the USA, please click HERE to find support options in your country.

Thanks and have a great day!

My computer is a Surface Pro X, Windows 10, WiFi connected, with no CD:ROM and no USB-Gen1 plug port. When following the Installation Instructions, Step 3, Part A, Online Setup, using ij.start.cannon and after clicking Download, the application does not run and a message appears that says drivers did not download and circles me back to startup download screen.

Patrick
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi LodesM1,

The Surface Pro X has USB Type C ports.  The scanner must be connected to the computer that has a USB Type A port.  There are USB C to A adapters available which should resolve this issue.

Before connecting your CanoScan LiDE 400 to that adapter and then to your Surface Pro, please download and install the driver from the Support Page of your CanoScan LiDE 400.  The file that you should download and install is "CanoScan LiDE 400 Scanner Driver Ver.1.01 (Windows)" and it is available for download here:

https://www.usa.canon.com/internet/portal/us/home/support/details/scanners/photo-scanner/canoscan-li...

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.
National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements