cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CanoScan LiDE 400. Cant choose anything above 600dpi.

Jmand
Apprentice

Just brought this and after installing the cd software i have tried every setting and nothing allows anything above 600dpi, yet the box and advertisement says 2400. I'm trying to scan photos and a4 drawings and would like at 1200dpi.

Anyway to go above 600dpi? thanks 

here is a screenshot showing my options.

Untitled.png

3 REPLIES 3

normadel
Authority
Authority

Does changing the Source and/or the Color Mode have a bearing on the Resolution range?

Jmand
Apprentice

Nothing i do in any settings allows over 600dpi, only way is to pay for a 3rd party program. They false advertised this product, 20years ago my cheapo multi function unit did over 600dpi. This is a joke.

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings,

Its not falsely advertised.  I'm sure there is another reason why its not allowing you to select resolutions above 600dpi. What OS (version and build) is the scanner being used with?  Are you connecting it directly to a USB port?

Installing software and drivers from an old CD might not yield the best results, especially if they are outdated.  Try downloading the latest version from the products support portal:

Canon Support for CanoScan LIDE 400 | Canon U.S.A., Inc.

Uninstall what you have now, unplug the printer and restart the computer.  Now run the new installer and connect the device when prompted.  Answer the above questions first.

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements