cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help! Canon CR-N300 PTZ camera cannot record on microSD cards & picture profiles

gabrielcsng
Contributor

Hi all,

I need some help with my Canon CR-N300 PTZ camera. I can't seem to access the custom picture profiles for the camera as options for them and the key symbol are greyed out. The image looks muted and flat, I would like to increase the saturation of the image. How should I do that?

Another thing is that when I slot in an microSD card slot, the recording function of the camera is not active for me to select too. What am I doing wrong?

I'm a little surprised that the user manual for this camera lacks so many important information.

Thanks in advance!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

John_Q
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hello gabrielcsng,

The Custom Picture feature is not compatible with these PTZ cameras, unfortunately. The CR-N300 has 2 Gamma options built-in, Normal1 (standard) and Normal3 (BT.709). The white balance and color matrix can be adjusted depending on your shooting mode. Full auto, Portrait, Sports, Low light or Spotlight will limit your options. That Custom Picture feature would work for our compatible camcorders. Secondly, the microSD card slot on the CR-N300 is for setting only, not recording.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

Nick2020
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi gabrielcsng,

Thanks for checking in with us.

If certain settings are grayed out, then that might be due to an issue with the network configuration.
To help us get a better sense of what you're facing, please elaborate on how you're connecting to the camera.

Are you using a PoE+ hub?

What is the IP address, subnet mask, and default gateway you are using for your camera and for the network you are using?

How are you controlling the camera?

gabrielcsng
Contributor

Hi Nick,

Thanks for getting back to me.

im using Canon’s Remote Camera Software from the Canon website. I am able to control other functions like pan/tilt, white balance etc. 

both camera and PC are hardwired on a POE+ Hub with the following IP configurations:

IP for camera 192.168.89.228

IP for PC 192.168.89.5

Subnet: 255.255.255.0

IMG_2837.png

IMG_2836.png

John_Q
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hello gabrielcsng,

The Custom Picture feature is not compatible with these PTZ cameras, unfortunately. The CR-N300 has 2 Gamma options built-in, Normal1 (standard) and Normal3 (BT.709). The white balance and color matrix can be adjusted depending on your shooting mode. Full auto, Portrait, Sports, Low light or Spotlight will limit your options. That Custom Picture feature would work for our compatible camcorders. Secondly, the microSD card slot on the CR-N300 is for setting only, not recording.

Hi John_Q,
Thank you for your response and clarification.

National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements