cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

C70 - Where to find the C log 2 to C log 3 transform LUT

jmd123
Contributor

Hi all, 

I’ve been reviewing the Netflix C70 guide, and it references a LUT that converts C Log 2 to C log 3. 

I’ve downloaded all of the LUT from Canon’s website, but don’t see any LUTs with a “from c log 2 to c log 3” title. 

Any ideas? Thanks! 

2 REPLIES 2

Hazel_T
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi jmd123,

It's unclear what they may be referring to. We do not make a LUT that could convert footage from one log profile to another. If you need to record in Canon Log 2 or Canon Log 3 we would recommend setting the camera to record in that profile from the start. 

If you would like to reference the camera manual for information on selecting the different profiles and how to customize them that is on pages 115-122. If you need a copy of the camera manual it is available HERE. Once you are on the web page click on the Manuals button and the one to reference is named EOS C70 Instruction Manual.

Thanks, Hazel_T. 
I generally use record in Clog 2 and use Resolve’s color management to transform the media. 

As mentioned, I was reviewing Netflix’s guide to using the C70 according to their best-practices, and it mentions recording in Clog 2, then using the Clog2 to Clog3 transform to simplify post-production. 

see article here: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1_Ies7AnidvELy3CWMPiN_oenJ3KhWKuF/view?usp=drivesdk

no worries! 

Announcements