cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

vertical "streaking" on pixma pro 9000

Urodoc4
Apprentice

Recently, my pixma pro9000 has been printing equal stripes rather than a continuous photo.  I have checked the alignment, printed a test sheet and done a nozzle check.  All are fine.  What is the next step???

4 REPLIES 4

Hector
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hello, Urodoc4

If you are getting vertical lines in your print, it could be caused by the media type setting or the hardware in the printer.

In this situation, you can try switching the paper type to see if the lines disappear or change.

If changing the media type does not resolve the issue, you can try cleaning the printer's encoder strip. You can use the steps on cleaning the encoder for a Pro-series printer using the steps in the link provided HERE. The steps will be for a Pro-10 or Pro-100 but the encoder is in the same location.

If that does not resolve the issue, it would mean there is something wrong with the hardware for the printer.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Appreciate the response.  Up until I changed the magenta ink cartridge, I had no problems.  After cleaning and then printing out a post cleaning test page, I noticed the large magenta blocks had one part darker than the other.  I am going to change the new magenta cartridge again and see what happens.  If this doesn't improve, I will try your solution.  It does seem logical that the cartridge change and subsequent printout all point to the magenta.  If that doesn't work, I will try a cleaning solution on the magenta.  Then we will try your solution.

Thanks

I have cleaned the problem nozzle, which was actually the cyan and replaced the cartridge.  The test pattern is divided evenly with a darker print on top and lighter on bottom in the cyan.  Do I need a new print head or  some sort of  software fix.  I can scan the nozzle test if you need it.

Hi Urodoc4,

Based on your description of the issue, either the printhead would need replacing or there is an issue with the printer itself, meaning your PIXMA Pro9000 would require service.  You are eligible for Canon's Upgrade Program. This is for out of warranty units which have been diagnosed to require service, or for some reason are incompatible with a new or upgraded system. This option allows you a one-time opportunity to purchase a replacement product, discounted from the list price.

To help you get up and running quickly, we also offer free standard shipping (if the order is completed by 12:30PM ET). If you would like to take part in this option, please call our Sales Department at (866) 443-8002 seven days a week, 8am to Midnight. Let them know you have been working with technical support and the Canon Upgrade Program was offered.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.
Announcements