cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

type of paper for architectural plans on canon imageprograf pro 1000

ant7lop
Apprentice

Sorry! please any body use this printer for architectural plans only. I bought it and I don't know what kind of paper should I buy to print plans on black and white color only and if you don't mind to share the setting, I would appreciated any info.  thank you in advance.

1 REPLY 1

kwrlreed
Apprentice

Hello,

Hopefully by now you figured it out. If not, you can use plain papers in the unit. You just select plain paper in the print dialog box. I would avoid using plain paper that is not of a heavier weight than standard paper. I use at least 24-pound paper. I assume you are using large format paper. 13 x 19 is readily available. Hammermill is a decent choice and I think in that size it is a 28-pound paper. 17 x 22 is going to be a lot tougher to find in a plain paper. You are going to end up with presentation paper that gets kind of expensive for blueprints. Most cost effective is going to probably be Graytex Papers, it is called Engineering Paper size C, about $50 for 100 sheets. Bond plotter paper, non-glossy, is the description. I used to do a lot of glue up of larger printed pads for dispatching and such, that was my paper source. Good quality papers made in the USA. Your setting is going to be plain paper. Hopefully that helps. 

Announcements