cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PIXMA PRO-100 support code 1000

johnny2002
Apprentice

brand new printer. have gone through set up to align print head and keep getting this error message.

paper will not feed.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

The Canon Pixma Pro 100 has TWO (that is 2) paper trays toward the back of the printer.  This is not at all obvious to someone who is setting up a new printer.

For aligning the print head you need to insert two sheets of paper into the "rear paper tray", which is actually IN FRONT OF the MANUAL FEED PAPER TRAY.  That is, the manual feed paper tray is BEHIND the "rear paper tray".

The REAR PAPER TRAY cover is on the TOP of the printer.  Lift that cover UP to expose the "rear paper tray".

The MANUAL FEED PAPER TRAY cover is at the BACK of the printer.  Pull that cover OUTWARD to expose the manual feed paper tray.

Again, for aligning the print heads one must insert paper into the REAR PAPER TRAY (accessed at the TOP of the printer), not the manual feed paper tray (accessed at the REAR of the printer). 

One might intuitively assume that the manual feed paper tray is the "rear paper tray" because the manual feed paper tray is at the "rear" of the printer, but that assumption would be incorrect.  The "rear paper tray" is (to a new user) hidden under the lid on top of the printer.

View solution in original post

19 REPLIES 19

emlachica90
Apprentice

Can anybody help me get through this "support code 1000". I have CANON MG2900. It already has a paper in the rear tray and I tried alignment. Seems like the paper keeps going back and forth. It wont go inside and print.

emlachica90,

The MG2920 or MG2922 only have one source for paper.  If the error is persistent, troubleshooting with our support group will be needed to narrow down the cause of your issue. Please contact our support group using the "Contact Us" link below for additional assistance.

This didn't answer your question or issue? Find more help at Contact Us.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Thank you!. I may have to call them on weekdays when they are open. But for now, I will email them. thank you so much

hello I am having problems with my printer and I was wondering if y'all can help. I'm receiving support code 1000, I have tried everything to fix it but its still not working

aahuss02,

What model of Canon printer do you own?

What version of Windows is installed on your computer?  If you are using a Mac, what version of OSX is installed?

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Summerallyear
Apprentice
Holy **bleep**! Thank you. Finally got it working thanks to this forum! Wonderful. Mucho thanks 🙏🏼

ivo
Apprentice

I am trying to copy a document and keep getting this error message.  What does it mean/

Patrick
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi ivo,

What is the model number of the Canon printer that you own?

Thanks for your help.  However a relative who knows a bit more about IT than I do (it is not hard) has fixed the problem.

It seems that I had chosen glossy (photo) paper for ordinary printing; the printer kept dealing the print orders as if they were photos.

Yes, I ran into the same problem too and wonder how the machine figured out between different types of paper?

Sometome, I had to change to different type of paper several times for it to accept simply because I was not sure exactly what type of photo paper I was using.

Announcements