cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

pro 9000 mark II

sjsaunders1964
Apprentice

I am wasting a lot of ink trying to calibrate my printer to print what I see on my monitor. Any suggestions

13 REPLIES 13

ebiggs1
Legend
Legend

If you are using a post processing software like Photo Shop, turn off all control of printing by the printer and let PS do it.

It doesn't matter which is calibrated to which but they both must be the same or you will waste a lot of ink!

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!

How does one do this?

It depends on a great deal of things. Like what OS, what video card and what monitor and again whether you use Photo Shop.. Each has a different range of settings that can be adjusted. You can make a print of, say for instance people and try to match the skin tones. This is usually the most important feature to get right.Smiley Very Happy

Depending on your equipment, it may be impossible to get the entire spectrum of colors exactly correct.

I usually shoot for brightness/contrast and skin tones and neutral grey, first. Than do other colors you deem important.

My personal set-up is Dell desktop with NIVIDIA video card and two 27" monitors. All is pretty well matching the the Pro 9000 Mk II.

Another factor often overlooked is the brand and type of photo paper you are using. They all print slightly different.

Good luck

EB

Thank you very much for the response, I think it is beyond me.

Naw, c'mon! Give it a go. Let me know what you are using and let's see if we can get it close.

It doesn't have to be perfect to look very good!

EB

Using windows 7, video card, I have no idea and for a monitor I am using a 42" Sony.

Well not knowing what the exact equipment is, let's try this.

Right click on the desktop and one selection should be "graphic properties" or something close. If you can select it and set everything to factory defaults. On your monitor there is also a place to set it back to factory default. This is probably the best place to start.

In Photo Shop set it to manage colors not the printer manage colors.<----this is important.

Use only Canon brand papers because there will be a choice to set the printer profile to that exact paper. These settings can be set in "Canon My printer" which you should have installed when you hooked up the printer. Now in the printer settings click on the Main tab. Set color intensity to Manual. Click on the Set tab. Next click the Matching tab. Set to "None".  Click OK.

Now you are set to as close to neutral as you can be.

Make a print.

Now if you need some slight adjustment you can do it on the monitor or in the Win 7 desktop. But do NOT do both. I prefer to do this fine adjustment in Win 7. But either will work. It just makes it easier to just do one.

EB

Thank you for your help!

Help your fellow Canon Forum members. Click the "Accept as Solution" button if your question was answered to your satisfaction!

Announcements