cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

pixma pro 100s not printing PC M Y PM - cant locate issue

lottiemaddison
Apprentice

Hi 

I have a new pixma pro 100s - set up was smooth but the printer wont print PC, M Y, PM

The nozzle check produces no reading at all for these colours - just blank spaces. 

I have checked for signs of ink blockages - none...and have done a deep head clean for these colours - but the nozzle check continues to print like the attached photo.

ink levels are showing as full and no error lights flashing to indicate problems with any of these cartridges. 

Is there anything that is jumping out as a possible cause? I have followed the trouble shooting advice on the online manual but had no break throughs.

This is my last attempt before boxing back up and returning to store! (heartbreaking as sold out everywhere in UK) so any advice gratefully received!

Many thanks

Lottie

Photo on 24-08-2020 at 08.02.jpg

1 REPLY 1

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend

Given that you have four channels not working it is very likely a printer problem. The one thing to check before you bring it back (but I feel it is unlikely to affect four cartridges) is to be sure all the plastic wrap was removed from the tyop of the cartridges. If any wrap remains it could block the vent hole that allows the cartridge to breathe..

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic
Announcements