cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

pixma 100pro rejection of photo paper,

Ktom
Contributor

3-year old PIXMA Pro100 now rejects photo paper.  After initial feed the amber warning light blinks.  After I press the appropriate button the printer merely passes the paper through without printing anything.  This started after I transferred the printer from a Windows10 PC to an OS10 Mac.  (The PC is non-functional.)

The OS1013.6 Mac does not include the IJ utility, and the Canon web service states that the utility cannot be found for the OS.  The Mac is too old (about 10 years) to accept later versions of the OS.

Tom Kane / Vancouver, B.C. / Canada

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Problem solved but that only becase I found the solution indirectly by connecting the PRO100 to my PC.  The error turned out to be the wrong size of paper.  On my Mac the driver or related software did NOT flag the wrong-size error.

So, the printer behaves;  I succedded in printing via the Mac with the correct size of paper.

Thomas (Tom) Kane

View solution in original post

12 REPLIES 12

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend

@Ktom wrote:

3-year old PIXMA Pro100 now rejects photo paper.  After initial feed the amber warning light blinks.  After I press the appropriate button the printer merely passes the paper through without printing anything.  This started after I transferred the printer from a Windows10 PC to an OS10 Mac.  (The PC is non-functional.)

The OS1013.6 Mac does not include the IJ utility, and the Canon web service states that the utility cannot be found for the OS.  The Mac is too old (about 10 years) to accept later versions of the OS.

Tom Kane / Vancouver, B.C. / Canada

Welcome to the forum.

Do you have the latest Canon printer driver installed on the Mac?

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

Hi, John.

Thanks for your reply and help.

Yes;  I did download and install the new driver yesterday (Thursay, Sept.9).  No change;  that is, the problem remains.  Similiarly, the new driver did not supply me with the IJ Utility.  And, the Canon website could not find a utility to match my old OS.  My MacBook may be too old, I guess.  (2011).

I hope to have on a PC running in the next two or three days.  I will try cleaning rollers and jets on a Windows system to see if that helps the Mac situation.

Tom Kane

Hi Tom.

I am not aware of any software simply called IJ Utility on my MacBook or Windows computers.

Does your printer installation in System Preferences look something like this?

Monosnap 2021-09-10 12-19-30.jpg

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

John

The printer properties in "System Preferences"  does NOT have the "Utilities" choice available.  I wonder if that is part of a later M<ac OS?  My machine is too old to accept the newer versions of OS.

Tom

I think you may have the generic Apple driver installed and not the Canon IJ Series driver.

Does it by chance say AirPrint?

When you are in Printers & Scanners click the "+" icon and wait a few minutes and see if the IJ series appears.

Also verify before that that you downloaded and installed this driver:

Screenshot 2021-09-10 132453.jpg

I went all the way back to El Capitan to demonstrate that its the same version as IU use in Big Sur.

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

I will try to show the screen shot of the Canon source for my driver.  I just ran the download/install again.  After I send this I will see if the "Utilities" choice appears on the printer properties.

canon driversource.jpeg

AHHA!   I got the "utilities" ad the printer is cleaning the rollers!!!  I will test printing on photos paper after the cleaning is done!  Thanks, John.  I thought (mistakeny) that I HAD downloaded/intalled the offical Canon-sourced driver.  WRONG!

Tom

1)   The offical Canon driver did give me the "Utilities."  I used the Utility to clean the rollers, and the bottom plate, and even the ink cartidges.

2)   The orignal problem Still Exists.  I tried to print a photo (photopaper) but the original problem occurs:  the inital load of the paper from the read tray starts but the blinking amber trouble signal starts.  When I press the button wth the aber light the printer merely passes the paper through.

3)   When I select   File/Print in Preview the choice of printers shows the "Canon pro 100 series"" with a black triangle with "!".  The set of printers also shows a "Canon Pro 100 Series 2"  Only this one has the "utilities" on the printer properties page.  Do I delete the first one and reinstall the wholle printer setup or maybe simply delete both the the pro100 printers and start over?

Here's what mine looks like:

Monosnap 2021-09-10 14-56-49.jpg

I suggest deleting the one that doesn't give you the Utilities window.

Also, I have found that the printer can be fussy about multiple sheets of paper.

1. do yo have the same problem if you only load one sheet?

2. what happens if you use the manual feed tray?

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

Announcements