cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

canon pixma pro9000 mark ii -- disappearing color

adalca
Apprentice

Hi all,

I have a pixma pro9000 mark ii that is about 8 years old but I use extremely sparsely -- I basically print a couple of pictures for family around christmas time. every year I do a "cleaning" (from the maintenance menu) and several "nozzle checks" printouts until the colors patterns look good.

This year, I can't seem to get one of the colors (PM) on the nozzle check to show up, while all others are ok.

- I've replaced the ink cartrige

- I've done the maintenance "cleaning" and "deep cleaning" cycles several times.

- I've manually cleaned the head twice nozzles (on two different days) by removing it, carefully pushing water and air through the nozzles, cleaning, and waiting. Every time the nozzle check after cleaning prints out ok the second/third time, but then after printing 1-3 photos the colors go all crazy again, so i print a nozzle check and that color (PM) is gone again (https://imgur.com/a/d2tvwXH)

Any suggestions at this point?

1 REPLY 1

ArthurJ
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi,

You have done all the maintenance steps I would recommend and since the issue is not resolved, there may be a problem with the print head and would need to be replaced. 

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Since the printer is out of warranty, you would qualify for the Canon Upgrade Program. This is for out of warranty units which have been diagnosed to require service or are incompatible with a new or upgraded system. This program allows you the opportunity to purchase a replacement product discounted from the list price. Free ground shipping is included with your purchase. 

If you would like to take advantage of this offer, please call our Sales Department at (866) 443-8002 Mon-Sat, 9 AM to 9pm EST excluding holidays.

Announcements