Canon Community Canon Community

New Contributor

Why won't my Pro-10 let me print a 5x7 using the ICC profile for fine art papers???

I am trying to print some art print and when I choose 5x7 as my size and the correct ICC profile of fine art paper 1, I get a mssage that I need to change the size of the paper in order to print. The only way it allows me to print that size is if I change the materials to the ICC photo paper profiles. Help!! How can I change it so it accepts the size of paper and correct paper profile??

VIP

Re: Why won't my Pro-10 let me print a 5x7 using the ICC profile for fine art papers???

Welcome to the forum.

What program are you printing from?

Art you cutting down in size a larger fine art paper?

If you select a fine art media type then you are limited to only certain paper sizes. One reason for this is that in order to avoid head strikes with a heavier paper the printer will add a 30mm border at the beginning and end of the print.

You see this when the the printer driver specifies, for example, A3+(Art Paper Margin 30) as a paper size vs A3+.

If your printing software allows you to manage color, rather than having printer manage color, you could use the approach of choosing a similar non-art media type, such as choosing Matte Photo Paper instead of Fine Art Matte.

Give that a try and let us know how it works out.

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, MX472, LR Classic