cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Where to find and download Canon paper icc profiles?

Will55
Contributor

I have searched on the Canon site and on search engines to no avail. Can anyone post a link for downloading icc profiles to the Canon photographic papers (Pro Luster, Matt, Semi gloss, Pro platnum) I would like to install these profiles in the Photo editing appliction, Affinity for softproofing to a specific paper. Thanks.

50 REPLIES 50

I had the same problem with my pro-100.

This is how I fixed it for mine. 

Go -> Computer -> Macintosh HD -> Printers -> Canon -> BJPrinter -> Resources -> ICC Profiles -> EN01

Then I selected "pro100series.canonicc" (which is a bundle not and actual ICC file)...went up to "show package contents" and then copied and pasted them into the colorsync -> profile folder.  Hopefully this helps. 

adahl7796_1-1643697927182.png

adahl7796_2-1643697927188.png

Wow. Thank you so much for posting this. I swear, programmers seem to do stuff just to mess with people, change stuff just waste people's time. What is so important about icc profiles to hide them away inside of packages buried with drivers, stuck in one of three libraries on a Mac? I love my Canon products but can not understand why they make what should be simple so difficult. End of rant, thanks again for posting this. Now back to my regularly schedule print session.

adahl7796
Contributor

I had the same problem with my pro-100.

This is how I fixed it for mine. 

Go -> Computer -> Macintosh HD -> Printers -> Canon -> BJPrinter -> Resources -> ICC Profiles -> EN01

Then I selected "pro100series.canonicc" (which is a bundle not and actual ICC file)...went up to "show package contents" and then copied and pasted them into the colorsync -> profile folder.  Hopefully this helps. 

Screen Shot 2022-02-01 at 12.57.25 AM.pngScreen Shot 2022-02-01 at 12.57.41 AM.png

Didn't see this before - this solved the problem. Hope others see this - thank you very much!!

daoist56
Contributor

this is kinda crazy. I've spent over an hour trying to find these profiles. I've re-installed the driver like 3 times, and I get all the art papers - but none of the basic canon papers. (Never mind that I;m trying to print on Epson paper - those profiles I apparently cannot get without an epson printer).

Why is this so difficult? Where can I just DL the basic Canon papers for a Pixma 100 on a Mac Ventura OS so I can print via Photoshop?

jrhoffman75_0-1668554327198.png

If you have the latest driver and have the IJ Series printer installed you select Other in the Profile dropdown and all the profiles appear. Select the ones you want.

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

That's the way it is supposed to work - but it does not on my computer, and, from the looks of this thread, not on many others' as well.

The list of papers includes all the art papers that Canon also includes, but not the basic ones. So my choices include profiles from MOAB and Hannemhuele, but nothing that is "Canon 1/2 matte paper" or whatever.

It's incredibly frustrating that Canon does not have these as a package.

Also, BTW, there is no .canonicc file, as a previous poster suggested.

There is no "Other" in the profiles drop down.

To be clear: I am in Photoshop. I have the Canon Pro-100, latest drivers installed. In the Print dialogue, I want Photoshop to manage color (Choosing "Printer" to handle color grays out the Profile drop down) and within that very long list of profiles, the standard Canon profiles for Glossy, Matte, etc are no listed. Neither is an "Other" option.

MacBook Air M2, Ventura 13.3.1.

This is what my Printers & Scanners shows:

Screenshot 2023-04-17 at 12.18.27 PM.png

Here what I get in Photoshop 2023:

Screenshot 2023-04-18 at 11.57.09 AM.png

"Other" doesn't show in Ps since the dropdown includes all profiles. In Lightroom "Other" does show since individual profiles need to be selected in a checkbox.

I don't have an explanation why you are seeing different than I am getting. Sorry I can't be of more help.

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic
Announcements