Canon Community Canon Community

Frequent Contributor

Re: What's wrong with my Pr0-100?

Thought I should post something I discovered even though it's still early to say results are conclusive.

It turns out that the defective prints mentioned herein were all printed under this same condition.  Photo paper was loaded in the rear tray but the paper support was NOT opened.  These prints were mostly on small (5x7) sized paper and support of the paper did NOT appear to be a problem.  Also, from inspection there is no obvious explanation for why this would cause a problem.  While I'm very uncertain about the extent to which this was done in the past, when all printing was successful in this respect, I'm quite sure that this had been done previously.

Is it possible that someone could explain what consequence should be expected from failing to open the paper support?

As mentioned my printing volume is pretty low.  Therefore, it is a bit early to say but since becoming conscientious about making sure to open the paper support the problem has not reccurred.  Should that happen I'll try to remember to update this topic accordingly.