cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to center a print on 8/5 x 11 inch paper with Pixma Pro 100

Braunsky
Contributor

I've been using a Pixma Pro 100 for just 3 weeks.  No matter what I do or try, prints on 8.5 by 11 inch paper using the manual feed tray are not centered.  In portrait orientation, the margin on the leading edge short edge is slightly less no matter what size the image.  For example, if the leading edge margin is 1/4 inch, the opposite margin is 3/8 inch.  If the leading edge is 7/8 inch, the opposite margin is 1 inch dead.  The long side margins are equal.  I'm using Photoshop Elements 9.0.  I've tried printing out of the edit space, where "center print" is an option, but I realize now that this just centers the image in the window representing the print, that it does not center the image on the page.  I have not notice this problem with smaller size paper, such as 4 x 6.  Any suggestions?  I have not tried loading the paper in the internal or "rear" tray because I thought the paper path with the manual feed would be straighter.  Besides, I'd like to be able to use the manual feed with even larger paper and get centered prints.

P.S.  I just tried selecting "borderless" print in PSE 9 with a custom image size smaller than the paper, e.g. 7 x 9.8 inches, and crop to fit.  Just looking at the preview, this seems to have resulted in equal margins left and right, top and bottom (the L-R margins are different than the T-B margins of course).  I was unable to make any of the necessary adjustments in Canon Print Studio Pro - I could not figure out how to unlink the height and width of the image.

3 REPLIES 3

ebiggs1
Legend
Legend

The printer just prints what it is told to.  I suspect you will have better luck with your question on a Photoshop Elemets forum.

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!

ebiggs1 - that is a remarkably unhelpful and condescending response. It's quite a feat to accomplish both in two short sentences. Contrary to your assertion, printer drivers and printers do have quirks and peculiarities in combination with specific programs. E.G., previous printers have centered prints on 8.5 x 11 inch paper using PSE 9. However, I am well on my way to mastering the combination of Photoshop Elements and the Pixma, so not to worry.

"...  that is a remarkably unhelpful and condescending response."

Condescending or not, however, it is still most likely PSE that accomplishs this task.  I don't use PSE anymore since I switched to Lightroom.  Hence the suggestion to find a PSE forum.

But it is the software that let's you move or put the photos where you want them to print.

A PSE forum may be able to show you how to do this.  Example below, if I want two 5x7s in oppoiste corners, it is done easily in LR.

1.jpg

If I wanted one photo centered it is a simple click to get the adjustment "squares" and move the photo.  (Bottom picture)

BTW, I am not worried.

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!
Announcements