cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problems opening a jpg in Canon Professional Print layout.

Mrbiffta
Apprentice

Hi Guys, I'm pulling my hair out trying to print a simple Jpg in Canon Professional Print & Layout. I've launched the App, tried to open the image through the app and also dragged directly from the desktop into the app but Nothing.?

I'm running MacOS Big Sur 11.5.2 and I've downloaded the most recent version of Canon Professional Print & Layout and it's just not working. It's been fine in the past but for some reason today It does'nt want to play ball.

Any help would be hugely appreciated.

Thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Mrbiffta
Apprentice

Solved! It seems there was an update to Photoshop so I reinstalled Professional Print & Layout and placed the plug-ins in the correct Photoshop folders and voila it launched via photoshop! 

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

Mrbiffta
Apprentice

Solved! It seems there was an update to Photoshop so I reinstalled Professional Print & Layout and placed the plug-ins in the correct Photoshop folders and voila it launched via photoshop! 

Good.

Just do not update to macOS 11.6.

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

Mrbiffta
Apprentice
Hi John, that sounds a tad ominous, thx for the heads up!! Canon professional Print & layout when working a bloody great but it’s so darn fickle!

May I ask the outcome on updating to MacOS 11.6?

Cheers.

11.6 disables PP&L functionality. Several threads about it on the forum. 

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

Mrbiffta
Apprentice
Thx again for the note!

FacitAir
Contributor

I cannot open any Image files in PPL, even if I open PPL as a stand alone and go to file open.  No images will open.  uninstalling and reinstalling does not fix the issue.

Announcements