cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problems Printing Envelopes - lots of black smudges

Crotonmark30
Contributor

I know that the printer is a high quality photo printer but sometimes I need to print an envelope

Every time I do this the end smudges black ink onto the envelope

Any suggestions (Mac OS X) on what I am doing wrong

thanks

Mark

8 REPLIES 8

Danny

Hi, Mark!

So that the Community can help you better, we will need to know exactly which Canon printer model you're using. That, and any other details you'd like to give will help the Community better understand your issue!

If this is a time-sensitive matter, our US-based technical support team is standing by, ready to help 24/7 via Email at http://bit.ly/EmailCanon or by phone at 1-800-OK-CANON (1-800-652-2666) weekdays between 10 AM and 10 PM ET (7 AM to 7 PM PT).

Thanks and have a great day!

Crotonmark30
Contributor
Pixma pro 100

No matter what folks tell you this is a photo printer and really not designed as a general printer.  You will be better served buying a office printer and not try to do anything except photos on your Pro-100.

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!

Why?

"Why?"    Smiley Frustrated

As I stated it is a photo printer.  It is designed as a photo printer.  It is not a general office printer.  I don't care what anybody tells you or the advertizements say.  At the very least it is a cumbersome printer and not very friendly for general office duties.

I am on my fourth one, two of which are still in use.  Believe me.

Can it print envoleps?  Of course it can but it isn't going to be as easy and friendly as a office printer.

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend

http://www.dpreview.com/forums/post/55470569

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

Ramona
Authority

Hi Crotonmark30,

Setting the prevent paper abrasion setting on the printer may prevent the smudges from appearing.  To do this, please open the printer driver setup window, and in Custom Settings in the Maintenance sheet, select the Prevent paper abrasion check box, and then click OK.  Once the envelopes have been printed, please be sure to turn the prevent paper abrasion setting back off.  If you still experience difficulty, please call or email us using one of the methods on the Contact Us page for further assistance.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Crotonmark30
Contributor
Understood. I'd just like it to work for those one off times.
Announcements