cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem Adding Paper Size to Pixma Pro 100

aptillie
Contributor

I woudl like to add a few sizes of photo paper to my Pixma Pro 100. I go to Print Setup, then to Properties. I then go to Commonly Used Settings. There are Standard, Photo Printing, Business Document and Paper Saving categories to pick from. All of them except Photo Printing allow for a custom size when you go to select from Printer Paper Size.

Can someone explain how I can add custom size papers to Photo Printing?

Thank you

5 REPLIES 5

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend

@aptillie wrote:

I woudl like to add a few sizes of photo paper to my Pixma Pro 100. I go to Print Setup, then to Properties. I then go to Commonly Used Settings. There are Standard, Photo Printing, Business Document and Paper Saving categories to pick from. All of them except Photo Printing allow for a custom size when you go to select from Printer Paper Size.

Can someone explain how I can add custom size papers to Photo Printing?

Thank you

The Photo Printing preset has Borderless Printing selected. Borderless Printing does not allow custom paper sizes.

Uncheck that option and save it as a new preset. - maybe Bordered Photo Printing.

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

I'll give that a try. Also I have never updated the driver from the original when I bought the printer. Shoud I do that as well or doent that matter. Im using the printer on Windows 8.1 printing from Lightroom and Darktable

Thank you

If the printer is working OK I wouldn't update the driver. 

You can look on the website and see what has been added and determine if it matters to you. 

I know the latest driver added two papers that I don't use. 

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

All good following your instructions. Printer seems to be working fine, sometimes has a hard time picking up paper from rear tray. I think you are correct and will not update driver.

Thank you for your help!

Gald to help.

I have the same situation - the rear tray is very fussy.

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

Announcements