cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PIXMA Pro9000 Mark II Photos print with a magenta cast

lindaweh
Contributor

Hi All...my printer prints all my photos with a magenta cast.  Can anyone help?

13 REPLIES 13

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend

1. Did you do a nozzle check?

2. Are your printers settings correct? Double profiling?

I'm assuming it did print OK previously?

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

lindaweh
Contributor
What printer settings do you mean?

Proper media type, ICC profile. What software are you printing from? Are you letting printer manage color or software manage color?

You didn’t answer - did it ever work properly?

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

lindaweh
Contributor
I am trying to figure out what you mean. I edit my photos with the Mac photo editor so the software is managing the color. I can’t figure out how to turn the printer color management off.

OK. It looks like macOS Photos will control color management and use the Canon color system.

I can't help you since you haven't answered my questions:  1. did it ever work? and 2. have you run a nozzle check?

You can give Canon a call at 1-800-OK-CANON.

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

lindaweh
Contributor
Yes. It used to print beautiful photos. Canon no longer offers support from a tech on the phone for this printer. I did call. I did a nozzle
Check and it was perfect. I have been researching this all day. I found that apparently this printer has been onsoleyfor five years and MacOS no longer has the right drivers for it.

If you look online (the Fred Mirange site) you can see a posting. You can get the Pro-100 (the sucessor to the Pro9000) for $120, and maybe the $59 deal is still on. Jump on it.

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

lindaweh
Contributor
Thank you so much.

lindaweh
Contributor
What is the Fred Mirange site? I looked up that printer and the going price is between $300 and $400.
Announcements