cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pro-2000 Color Management settings

Manoa
Apprentice

Trying to get up and running with the new Pro-2000 but Iʻm running into some ICC issues. I use an X-Rite ColorMunki and i1Studio to creade ICC profiles for my papers, but the Pro-2000 is not printing accurately and I am losing a great deal of shadow detail. My test print is the one Keith Cooper makes available on Northlight Images.

I print from Lightroom and notice that LR print settings allow color management by the printer or color management by a specific ICC profile. The print dialogue box of course also allows selection of the ICC profile. I have tried test prints both ways in LR and the shadows are still blocked up, although slightly less when I set LR to the ICC profile I have made (for Epson Cold Press Natural, my current paper of choice).

Thinking that the problem is with the ICC profile, I contacted X-Riite and had them take a look at it. Everything is good on their end.

Finally, I tried making a print with the LR Print Studio Pro plugin. Same problem with the ICC profile, but when I make use of the generic B&W setting in Print Studio Pro and bypass color management, the print comes out very nicely.

BTW, I noticed from a much earlier 2017 conversation here that someone else was having similar problems with color management. His problem was that he had installed the Mac Bonjour printer rather than the full Canon printer. My Canon dealer installed the driver on my Mac (OSX Mojave) and then I deleted it and reinstalled as the request of the X-Rite support person. Same driver - not the scaled down Bonjour version.

How to get the Pro-2000 to recognize and make use of my ICC profiles?

Thanks!

1 REPLY 1

Michael
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hello.

Troubleshooting with our support group will be needed to narrow down the cause of your issue. Please contact our support group at 1-800-423-2366, Monday - Friday 8:00 a.m. - 8:00 p.m. ET (excluding holidays)..

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.
Announcements