cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pro 100 Pixma won't print wider than 13 5/8"

Ricog09
Contributor

I recently got this printer. The first photo I printed on it printed perfectly, and a few others have been fine. And of course, now this:

I am trying to print this photo of my grandparents. The first one (8x10) printed no problem at that size. I just don't like how the photo is cropped, which I understand since the photo isn't in a perfect 8x10 proportion. So I tried printing it twice more at two different sizes. All was looking fine, but both of them stopped printing at 13 5/8" of width. You can see that, despite being two different size prints, they both printed the exact same width. This is on a3+ paper, in case that info is helpful.

Any idea how to fix this issue?

Thank you in advance.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

If you go to the Canon support site for the printer there is a Canon software Easy PhotoPrint EX you can download. Maybe try that. 

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

View solution in original post

18 REPLIES 18

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend

Welcome to the forum Ricog09.

We need more information.

You sadi you are using A3+ paper, which is 13x19, yet you say the printer stopped at 13 5/8" of width.

Can you post screen shots of your printer settings from the software you are using?

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

Hi jrhoffman75, 

Thank you for your quick response. I apologize that I forgot to include a picture of the three prints I've attempted (below):

prints.jpg

And here are the print settings. It auto-adjusts/crops when I choose different paper/print size:

printsettings.png

It looks like you do not have the Canon driver installed, or at least your software isn't using it.

The printer dialog says Pro-100 series WS. That is a Windows driver. It doesn't have all the features of the Canon driver.

Do you have other choices in the dropdown window?

You want to see this in Control Panel->Devices & Printers:

Annotation 2020-07-27 213928.jpg

If you go to Control Panel->Programs & Features do you have the Pro-100 driver installed?

Annotation 2020-07-27 214440.jpg

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

Here is a screenshot of both my printers list, as well as the two Canon items that show up in Apps & Features (Windows 10):

printers.png

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend
You should select the Copy 1 printer and delete the WS printer.

What software are you printing from?
John Hoffman
Conway, NH

So I used the (copy1) version and the same thing happened. Very strange.

Can you post the print size or aspect ratio you have configured for the print?

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

When I choose A3+, it defaults to that full size of 12.95x19.02. The 12.95" size is fine, but the 13 5/8" that is printing doesn't make sense because that isn't to the photo proportion. It's just cutting off the edge.

If you scroll up in this thread, you can see the settings and print preview I get when I choose this size paper.

There is a label a Photo Size. Is there anything associated with it? What happens if you select it?

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

Announcements