Canon Community Canon Community

New Contributor

Printing Issues w/ Pixma Pro 100 - horizontal lines / color

[ Edited ]

I am having an issue with my Pixma Pro 100 printer. As the page prints the colors become less intense and horizontally streaky. 

Example - a document with color bars on - horizontal bars of a blue and a red. By the bottom of the page the blues have faded but as still blue. The red however gets streaky with yellow - so about the middle porition of the page the red bars are red with yellow horizontal line, and by the bottom of the page the red has turned to yellow.

If I am printing a page with a lot of grey tones, the greys print fine until halfway down the page, and then they streak to a green - but never turn green - just grey with green horizontal lines through it.

I have cleaned the nozzles, deep cleaned the nozzles, aligned the printer head. All of the test pages come out fine. I have changed any ink tank that was low. All ink tanks are corrent and Canon brand. 

I was originally printing on an HP paper, but have tried printing on Canon GP-701, photo glossy; and the problem is the same. 

I have also tried various color management settings and those have done nothing. 

IMG-4887.jpg

Frequent Contributor

Re: Printing Issues w/ Pixma Pro 100 - horizontal lines / color

That is very odd, especially in view of the normal test pages and the failure of deep cleaning. If I had the problem I would uninstall the printer driver and download and install the latest Canon Pixma Pro-100 driver. Both Mac and Windows new versions were released 10 days ago. The Canon USA download site is currently down, but you will be re-directed from there to the Canada site which does have the driver downloads available. I don't know if that will help but I think it's worth a try. Good luck.

Robert N.

New Contributor

Re: Printing Issues w/ Pixma Pro 100 - horizontal lines / color

Thanks for the suggestion Robert. I have done that and the problem presists.