cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Printer info sought

sfphoto
Contributor

My i9900 just died. Worked one day then the next day the message came up "replace print head". I noticed that once removed the head smelled toasted. Have heard of clogged but not 'burnt' heads.

Questions:

1- Could there be an underlying problem, I hate to buy a replacement head to find the printer itseelf is gone.

2- I have lots of ink. What migth be the most recent model that uses the same carts if I wanted to purchase a used replacement?

5 REPLIES 5

Crista
Whiz

Hi sfphoto!

We apologize that you are experiencing issues with your iP9900 and we are here to help. After making sure people and property are safe, please call us as soon as you can at 1-800-OK-CANON (1-800-652-2666), Monday - Friday 10am EST to 10pm EST. 

Thank you. 

Ok so here is an update.

The print head might very well be ok. The burning smell is from the printer itself and it now does not power up. Canon no longer services these (I called).

Has any one here experience with these, might it be powewr supply or motherboard?

No later printers use that ink. I am guessing repair won't be cost effective; you might be better biting the bullet and buying a Pro-100 printer with rebate.

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

I considered a Pro100, especially since they are $100 (after rebate) however:

1) the ink is more expensive

2) the unit is 5 inches longer

3) it does not print lnger than 19 inches (the i9900 prints +/- 25 inches)

ref: http://www.usa.canon.com/cusa/support/professional/professional_printers/destop_printers/pixma_pro_1...

IMHO, you will like the Pro-100 a great deal more than your I-9900.  Smiley Happy

I was unaware the 9900 would do larger than 19"?

Again, IMHO, this is a no brainer, upgrade to the Pro-100 today! Paper handling alone is worth the upgrade.

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!
Announcements