cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Printer Color Corrects after I reboot my PC

SunnyDayHere
Apprentice

I've had an occasional problem with my Pro 10 printing dull images.  I've learned, but trial and error, to fix this problem by rebooting my PC.  If I go into screen saver mode, it seems to create dull images again.  I use a datacolor Spyder to calibate my monitor.  

I use Lightroom to print to my Pro 10.  My prints will exactly match my screen when it is working correctly.  

Upon reboot I can see the image in Lightroom just before the Monitor profile kicks in.  It looks exactly like the dull version that the Pro 10 will make when it's not working correclty.  So I'm thinking that my Color Management by Printer option set in Lightroom is used by Lightroom to send to the Pro 10 to tell the Pro 10 what Color profile to use to print that particular image.  Somehow that information is not using the Spyder profile under certain circumstances.  

Does this make any sense?  Does someone understand what's going on?

Thanks

Tom 

1 REPLY 1

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend

The operating system monitor profile gets loaded during boot - it would be already loaded before you can open Lightroom.

Go to your Control Panel and search for Color; open the Color Management window.

Annotation 2019-10-25 091727.jpg

Is the check box selected and the Spyder profile selected as default?

If you are selecting Printer manage color in LR then you need to select a paper in the printer driver. Assuming you are using Canon paper you would select Auto.

Annotation 2019-10-25 092619.jpg

If you are not using Canon paper then you would select Manual->ICC Matching and select the proper profile from the dropdown menu.

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic
Announcements