cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Print studio pro not printing correct sizes

Flyingpoutine
Apprentice

Hi. I have a Pixma Pro-1 and an Imageprograf pro-1000 (two different locations, two different computers), and use print studio pro with photoshop to print on both. When I try to print, I cannot get either machine to print out at the correct size, and it often prints "squished" into the wrong demensions with solid colour stripes down the side where the rest of the image should be. I am sizing the image properly in Photoshop, making sure PSP is at the correct quality and paper settings, but it is spitting out completely glitched-out prints. I have tried multiple different paper sizes and image settings, and even different computers running PSP, so I know the problem isn't with a specific machine. Has anyone else had this issue before? The best I can describe the printouts is the image printing at completely incorrect dimensions, and where the "missing" part of the image should be, I get these bars of solid colour instead (sometimes lots of colours, sometimes just green or magenta or whatever else the stupid thing decides to print with). I'm running a Mac with the latest version of Catalina, Photoshop CC 2020, and the printer driver is updated as well. Both usb and WiFi connections produce the same problem. 

Thanks!

12 REPLIES 12

robnich
Enthusiast

If you have the proper print drivers installed for your two Canon printers you can print using only Photoshop and the Canon driver, bypassing Print Studio Pro entirely. Have you tried this?

Robert N.

I've always preferred PSP because it gives far more control over the whole printing process. I've used Photoshop to print before, but the quality was much better with PSP, provided it printed the image correctly, so I would prefer to just find a fix for it and keep using it.

OK, I understand your viewpoint. I have tried PSP but saw no advantage for my own needs and in fact am unable to detect anything it can do that I can't do in Photshop with the Canon driver. I guess it's all about what one has become used to doing over the years.

Robert N.

For reference, this is what it comes out looking like. This image was supposed to be a square! No bleeding idea what could be doing this.

IMG_1993.JPG

Hi, Did you manage to resolve the issue? I have the same problem - wasted a ton of paper and ink resolving it, reinstall drivers/software; nothing works

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend
Which printer driver is showing if you go to System Preferences->Printers & Scanners. Is it the IJ Series version or the AirPrint version?
John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

I installed the IJ Series driver. It doesn't tell you whether or not it's IJ or AirPrint, just shows you the version of the driver that's installed, but I've never used the AirPrint option.

Hello. 

Is your version of PSP 2.2.4?

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

Grimmy
Contributor

Was this ever resolved? I just bought a new Pro 1000 and wasted a lot of expensive papers becuse of this.

Announcements