cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pixma pro 100 on MacBook

mmacko17
Contributor

i have just received my pixma pro 100 and have it set up but i can not get to the print allignment part. i have installed the printer driver i believe and every time i click the driver it just takes me back to the installation part... i have the solid white light and also a yelllow light on the paper button.  I have tried holding down the wifi button to get it to connect but no such luck and cant seem to find it in my printer section in system preferences.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

You can move the installer to the trash.

For inital setup can you use a USB? Computer has to find the printer and until you get wifi connected the computer can't see it.

Wifi connection is sometimes harder. If you've done it for other printers than go that way.

https://en.canon-cna.com/support/consumer_products/pixma_printer_wireless_connection_setup/pro100_pr...

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7

mmacko17
Contributor

once all the covers are closed the the yellow light goes away but still does not get picked up on my printers

Welcome to the forum mmacko17.

When you say "set it up" do you mean you also added the printer in the Printers & Scanners preference?

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

i can not find it in the printer and scanner option on the mac i am in the processes of the set up now at the driver installion part which when i click the driver on the desktop it re takes me back to the installation part

That sounds strange.

Did you download this driver:

Annotation 2020-04-30 160707.jpg

Install the driver, go to Printers & Scanners and click "+" to add the printer. Wait until you see Canon IJ series appear. Do not select the AirPrint version. It could take a few minutes.

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

that was the driver after installation process it also says keep or move to trash and i am assuming i would want to keep it. how long does it usually take to show up in the printer preferences from your experience? i would say i am going on about 10 minutes and the only printer showing up is one i have used before that is also in my house. would holding down the wifi button until blinking possibly be something?!

You can move the installer to the trash.

For inital setup can you use a USB? Computer has to find the printer and until you get wifi connected the computer can't see it.

Wifi connection is sometimes harder. If you've done it for other printers than go that way.

https://en.canon-cna.com/support/consumer_products/pixma_printer_wireless_connection_setup/pro100_pr...

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

was on the phone with canon while chatting and that is exactly what had to have happened! thank you for all the help in the mean time though!!

National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements