cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pixma-pro 10 on macos CATALINA

lpsayo
Apprentice

Is there a driver support for CATALINA? Or is the driver on Mojave compatible with Catalina?

Thanks.

21 REPLIES 21

Patrick
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi lpsayo,

The PIXMA PRO-10 will be compatible with macOS 10.15 Catalina.  The drivers will be available from the Support Page of your PIXMA PRO-10.  Once they are ready, you can access the downloads using this link:

https://www.usa.canon.com/internet/portal/us/home/support/details/professional-large-format-printers...

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Thank you.

Thankyou

Thank you for posting this. This resolved the printer driver problem. I found there was one additional step to get my printer back in action -- reinstalling Print Studio Pro. To do that, download the recently updated drivers for Mac OS Catalina (linked above by the Canon rep), then go to Applications / Canon Utilities / Print Studio Pro. Reinstall the plugin. Once I did that I was back in business.

I thought we needed to install new software in addition to the driver in order for Print Studio Pro to work.  They new software is not yet available.   My PSP is dated March 25 of this year.  Is there a new version available?

I have downloaded the latest printer driver as instructed.  When I go to the Canon pro-10 printer driver site, it says "Mac OS X (Detected) under Operating System, but no drivers or software are available.  However, if I select a pulldown on the operating system and select Catalina macOS v10.15, I do get driver Ver 16.40.0.0 Mac as an option, but no software.  I deleted my old printer under system settings, turned it on, and reinstalled picking up the new driver. Printer now works just fine on smaller prints off Apple Photos.  My workflow for larger prints however is to take an external editor extension off Apple Photos sending a photo to Photoshop Elements 2020 (FYI, bought software upgrade to get compatibility to Catalina....not the only fee I paid for 3rd party compatitiblity).  I then invoke Print Studio Pro out of automation tools pulldown.  Re-installied Print Studio Pro 2.2.3 plug-in via its installer.  It doesn't recognize PSE 2020 as a supported product, but if I hit next, can install to PSE's sub folder plug-in folder under it's application folder.  When I now try to invoke Print Studio Pro through PSE's automation tools menu item, I get the message "An error has occurred. Exiting Print Studio Pro."  Unfortunately, when I try to print a large image through PSE itself, I get a message that print will occur at less than 300 dpi, which is why I have always used Print Studio Pro.  

I know, too much detail.  I did so however just in case I didn't follow installation steps properly (if anyone cares to comment) and also for any other poor photographer that had counted on Print Studio Pro in the past out of PSE.  Am hopeful that a new version of Print Studio Pro will appear some day soon, otherwise I am SOL on printing large formats.  Is anyone else in this situation or am I doing something wrong. 

Hi. Will we pixma pro-100 users be getting an upgrade so that we can use the pro ptinting software with Catalina? Thanks. 

Is the link only for Customers in Canada? I am in the US and keep getting the message that support is only for customers in Canada. My PIXMA MG 6821 stopped printing ever since I upgraded to Mac OS Catalina. If I have to purchase another printer, I'll have to avoid Canon.

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend

I have a Pro-100, but I suspect it will be the same for Pro-10.

1. Delete the printer from Systems & Printers.

2. Download the Mojave driver.

3. Reinstall the printer, being sure you wait for the IJ Series printer to show up.

I just did all that and the printer works fine printing from Lightroom.

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic
National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements